[Eoscstudents] Email Scams

Jeff Weems jweems at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 19 11:05:13 CDT 2013

Attention Students:

Please do not reply to phishing scams asking about your EOSC webmail
account.  Do not follow links from these kind of emails.  The proper action
would be to just delete the phishing email.

Simple Rules to follow:

.         Eastern will never ask for your email account information - we
already have it.

.         Your account will not be deleted for any reasons..  I.e. inbox to
full, changing email systems.

.         You will never be asked to verify your email account information
to continue using webmail.

.         Never send anyone your account userid or especially your password!

Thank you

Jeff Weems

Jeff Weems

Chief Technical Officer