[Eoscstudents] Lunch Menus for Mon. May 6 thru Fri. May 10 (Graduation Week)

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon May 6 09:45:11 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

It's Graduation Week here at Eastern, and that's always a busy, happy, sad, emotional time.  It's starting to sink in that we only have a very short time left to spend with some of our students before they graduate and go off to four year universities to complete their degrees, or maybe off to work.  Either way, we'll miss the ones we've gotten to know over the past couple of years.

Today from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the President's Dining Room, Ruth Brelsford's Honors Students will host a reception to showcase their work during the last four semesters in Honors Seminar here at Eastern.  Everyone is invited to attend.

Immediately after the Honors Reception, there will be a Student Directing Showcase in the Johnnie Wray Theatre.  Everyone is invited to attend this event featuring the work of Theatre Director Sarah Klocke's students.

Tuesday, May 7 at 3:00, there will be a flute recital by freshman Patty Craig, also in the Johnnie Wray Theatre.  If you love beautiful music, you won't want to miss this!

This Friday will bring the Nurses' Pinning Ceremony, and the annual Graduation Cookout, followed by the 2013 Graduation Ceremony, featuring EOSC Hall of Fame member, and Boeing Engineer/Space Shuttle Mission Manager, Evelyn Jo Whisenhunt Guthery, as the keynote speaker at 7:00 in the Fieldhouse.

New Assistant Food Service Director, Tina Scott, will celebrate her birthday on Saturday, May 11, so please wish her a great day if you see her.

And don't forget, this coming Sunday is Mother's Day.  Do something special for Mom.

If you have textbooks you will no longer need, and can use some cash on hand, bring them to the EOSC Bookstore next week.  They'll take those unwanted textbooks off your hands and hand you some cash in the process.

Lunch menus for the week include:

Monday:  Hamburger steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried squash, winter blend vegetables, hot rolls, strawberry shortcake.

Tuesday:  Baked ham, steamed potatoes, English peas, baby carrots, hot rolls, assorted pies.

Wednesday:  King Ranch Chicken, Mexican rice, cheesy corn, pinto beans, cornbread, bread pudding.

Thursday:  Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, fresh broccoli, fried okra, macaroni and cheese, hot rolls, pineapple upside down cake.

Friday:  Smoked sausage or BBQ, potato wedges, baked beans, corn on the cob, cole slaw, hot rolls, cherry cobbler.

Have a great week at Eastern,

Rhoda