[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Feb. 16 thru Fri. Feb. 20

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Feb 16 11:35:18 CST 2015

Hi folks,

We're off to a chilly start this week with a little snow on the ground and quite a few icicles hanging from the railings, benches and any other object that would hold still long enough.  My car was completely encased in a layer of ice this morning, to the point that when I tried to get in it, I had to use a pry bar to get the door open!  Then came all the scraping, etc.  Fun, fun!

Our EOSC Theatre Department, under the direction of husband and wife team, Sarah Klocke and Marshall Carby, will present The Commedia Tales of King Arthur for hundreds of school groups this week in morning and afternoon performances.  There will also be a performance for the general public on Friday evening at 6:00 p.m.  Tickets are $2.00.

The annual Science Fair will be held here this week when the area's best and brightest young scientific minds will compete in various categories to see whose project will win.  Best of luck to all the contestants!

 Lunch menus for the week include:

Monday:  Chicken parmesan over pasta with red sauce, garlic bread, corn, black eye peas, steamed spinach, rice pilaf, white cake.

Tuesday:  Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and brown gravy, red beans and cornbread, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, brownies.

Wednesday:  Chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and white gravy, hot rolls, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, carrots, corn nuggets, Oreo cheesecake.

Thursday:  Chicken and rice casserole, potato wedges, steamed vegetable blend, corn on the cob, Brussels sprouts, cookies.

Friday:  Baked tilapia with pinto beans, coleslaw, buttered rice, steamed vegetable blend, steamed baby red potatoes, corn, dinner rolls, strawberry cake.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Steak fingers or BBQ rib patties with potato cubes, gravy, green beans, fried zucchini, steamed vegetable blend.

Tuesday:  Green chili chicken enchiladas or burritos with refried beans, Spanish rice, calico corn, chips and salsa.

Wednesday:  Breakfast menu: Eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes.

Thursday:  Spaghetti with meat sauce or plain sauce, garlic bread, corn on the cob, steamed vegetable blend, fried okra, carrots.

Friday:  Hamburgers or hot dogs with fixings on the side, French fries or chips, BBQ beans, potato salad.

Have a great week at Eastern,

Rhoda