[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 12 10:23:28 CDT 2016

Hi folks,

This semester is almost over.  There are only a few kids left on campus,
those who still have a final or two left to get out of the way, or maybe
haven't been able to make arrangements for transportation home yet.  Things
are winding down in the cafeteria, too, as tomorrow will be our last day to
be here until we come back on June 6.

Evidently we had some pretty wild weather last night, with storming and high
winds.  Fortunately I slept through it all, and was very surprised to see a
tree down and another one damaged here on campus.  I hate to see the
beautiful trees damaged or lost.  It takes no time at all to destroy one,
but takes decades to grow one to a decent size to provide beauty, shade and
shelter.  There was a quote in the local paper a couple of weeks ago stating
that one tree can make a million match sticks, but only one match stick can
burn a million trees.  How true!  Or one high wind, or a guy with a
chainsaw!  The rest of the quote said that when a bird is alive it eats
ants, but when a bird is dead, ants eat the bird.  Time and circumstances
can change at any time.  Don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.  You may be
powerful today, but remember, time is more powerful than you.  It's a good
lesson to learn as you go forward in life.  Be good and do good things.

Our Lunch menu for today includes:

Lemon pepper chicken, spaghetti, spinach, cauliflower, mashed potatoes and
brown gravy.  Dessert:  Cookies.

Have a great day,

Rhoda