[Eoscstudents] Thank you!

Lindy Basden lnbasden at eosc.edu
Fri Mar 16 09:56:18 CDT 2018

Good morning! Now that our visiting Danish students are off to see New York
City, I want to take a minute to thank some people that helped this week.

First to our students that stepped up and participated in the Denpal
exchange. This year, you all were so involved with the visiting group. I
know their experience would not have been as good without all of you.

Thanks to Danel Walker for all the help all week. He, as always, took
amazing photos capturing the entire trip.

Thank you to Great Western Dining for accommodating all my requests for
meals, snacks and any special request I had.

To the teachers for allowing 32 extra students into your classes on Monday
and Tuesday. We are thankful you welcomed them in to your classrooms to
observe how our Eastern students learn in America.

A huge thanks to Ty Horstman and Andy from the First Assembly of God church
in Hartshorne/Chi Alpha for providing a delicious BBQ meal Saturday at
Robbers Cave State Park. Six area churches-United Methodist, Sunshine
Fellowship, CenterPoint Baptist Church, Church of Christ, First Assembly of
God Church Hartshorne and First Baptist Church Wilburton-took 5-6 Danish
students to worship with their congregation and also provided lunch for
them.

To Dana Hugle and her entire family for welcoming for a 2nd year a large
number of students to come to their house and show them true Oklahoma
hospitality. They all had a great time.

To Crystal Shipman and Kristen Turner for setting up our Native American
painting event and tour of an area brewery.

Thank you to Maria Martinez and Gabby Arroyo from our library for
decorating the tables for our Thanksgiving meal. We wanted the Danes to see
what our traditional Thanksgiving meal is and have the chance to talk about
traditions here in Oklahoma and here in America.

Thanks to our Eastern police staff for allowing the students to come to the
gun range and for teaching them gun safety. They had fun shooting the hand
guns.

Thanks to my boss, Bryan Denny, for trusting me to handle the visit and
also for scheduling a tour of the Pittsburg County Jail.

I am so sorry if I left someone out of my thank yous. I am thankful for
everyone that helped prepare and make their trip what it was.

It was a busy but fun week with 32 students and 2 amazing teachers from
"across the pond," as they love to say. We look forward to next year
already.

Lindy Basden