[Eoscstudents] Video Production, Reporting, and Intro to Mass Comm offered in the Fall

Kristen Turner kturner at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 4 11:17:54 CDT 2022

As you all get your fall schedules ready, I wanted to remind you about the
classes that we offer in the Mass Comm program. While I would love to have
you as a major (common areas include public relations, advertising,
photography, graphic arts, video production, journalism, and radio), you
don't have to be a major to take any of these classes. Most of these
courses are offered only on the Wilburton campus.

The Intro to Mass Communication course will count as a General Education
elective for several degree plans, and any of these classes will count
toward the General Studies Major Field. Also, we are always looking for
interns and student workers for Mountaineer Radio and TV
<https://www.facebook.com/mountaineerradio>.

All but one of these courses uses a Cengage textbook (NOT MindTap), so if
you already have Unlimited or are taking another course with Unlimited, you
will not have to pay extra for the ebook. In the spring semester, we are
offering the following classes:

*MCOMM 1101 Publication Production* - (M 8:40-9:30 ) - This class produces
our online student newspaper. There are several roles for students interested
in writing, photography, web design, video production, or social media
management.

*MCOMM 1113 Introduction to Mass Communication* (2nd 8 weeks - ONLINE) -
This is a very interesting course that gives you an overall view of the
mass media and how society is affected. This course is a general education
elective for many majors. This course uses a Cengage textbook.

*MCOMM 1223 Video Production I* (MW 11:15-12:30) This is a great course if
you want to learn the theory and practice of basic video production
techniques in television and post-production. Students are taught to use
Adobe Premiere Pro. This course uses a Cengage textbook.

*MCOMM 1213 News Reporting *(MW 1 - 2:15 Hybrid) -  This course focuses on
writing with an emphasis on the elements of evaluating and writing news for
media and interviewing techniques. This course uses a Cengage textbook.

Please contact me if you have any questions, and always speak with your
advisor before enrolling in any of these courses.

--
Kristen E. Turner
Dean of Language, Humanities, & Education