[Lu_faculty] FINAL Grade procedures for Spring 2010

Kathy Simmons ksimmons at lunet.edu
Fri Apr 30 16:16:03 CDT 2010

      TO:  Deans & Faculty

FROM:  Kathy Simmons, University Registrar

DATE:  April 30, 2010

 SUBJ:  FINAL Grade procedures for Spring 2010

            All instructors are required to post their grades using the web
site WWW.LUNET.EDU <http://www.lunet.edu/>  (click on faculty & staff).

a.       Click “Input Mid-Term/Final Grades”

b.      Click “
<http://prodflan.okstate.edu/lanfp-bin/tsrvweb.exe?&WID=W&tserve_tip_write=|
|WID&tserve_trans_config=afaclog.cfg&tserve_host_code=HostThirteen&tserve_ti
phost_code=TipThirteen> Enter Faculty and Advisor Services”, type in
“Faculty ID” and “PIN” information.  Click “Login”

c.       Click “Grade Courses” under “Faculty” and select the course name
and number from the drop down menu

d.      Click “Submit” and then begin inputting your grades.

Ø  The web site to input your FINAL Grades will be available Friday, May 7,
2010 at 5 p.m.  and will close on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 12:00 noon

v  The only grades that faculty should enter are A, B, C, D F, P or NP.
Reporting of NP grades is for zero level courses.  Reporting of P grades is
intended for seminars or zero level courses.

*      “N” No Grade No grade points.  PLEASE remember to submit your grade
change forms to change your “N” grades for Fall 2009 semester.  An "N" grade
may be used to indicate that the semester grade was not submitted by the
instructor by the appropriate deadline.  The "N" grade must be replaced by
the appropriate letter grade prior to the end of the subsequent semester.
The "N" grade is GPA neutral.

*      I Incomplete No grade points.  An incomplete grade may be used at the
instructor's discretion to indicate that additional work is necessary to
complete a course. (It is not a substitute for "F" and no student may be
failing at the time an "I" grade is awarded. To receive an "I" grade, the
student should have satisfactorily completed a substantial portion of the
required course work for the semester. "I" grades not changed by the
instructor to a credit-bearing grade or an "F" within one year will remain
as a permanent "I" and not contribute to the student's GPA.)

*      Administrative Withdrawal Form (AW grade).  Administrative Withdrawal
indicates that a student has been "involuntarily" withdrawn by the
institution during the designated semester for disciplinary, financial
reasons or inadequate attendance. Such institutional penalties follow
institutional procedures. Administrative withdrawals are GPA neutral.
Attached, please find an Administrative Withdrawal form you may complete and
submit to Registrar’s office.

Kathy Simmons

University Registrar

Langston University