[Lu_faculty] Emergency Notification Announcement

Shameika Harris sharris at lunet.edu
Wed Jan 26 15:14:00 CST 2011

January 26, 2011

Dear LU Faculty and Staff:

Last year, Langston University implemented an Emergency Mass
Notification System designed to rapidly disseminate important
information to all members of our community of scholars in the event
of an emergency or an announcement (i.e. closure due to inclement
weather).  The system can send messages to telephones (cellular and
land lines) and computers via email.

Our system is a subscription-based service, which means that
individuals must register their own contact information if they wish
to be notified by the system.  Failure to register not only reduces
the efficiency and effectiveness of the system, but it can also
compromise the personal safety of those not registered in the event
there is a major emergency or crisis.

If you have not registered, I am asking that you do so by February 1,
2011.  Please submit up to two telephone numbers – home, office or
cell – (area code + number) and your email address to Mr. Pritchard
Moncriffe, Chief Information Officer, at pmoncriffe at lunet.edu.

Your usual cooperation is appreciated.

Shameika M. Osborne
Office Manager,Information Technology Services
405.466.6032 phone
405.466.6021 fax