[Lu_faculty] Hall Lecture Series

HERRON, MARSHA D mdherron at langston.edu
Wed Mar 4 08:25:57 CST 2015

Colleagues,

As a part of next week’s Founder’s Day activities, the Ira D. Hall and Rubye Hibler Hall Endowed Lecture Series will be held on Tuesday, March 10, at 11:00 am in the Field House Atrium.  The guest speaker will be Congressman Alcee Hastings from Florida’s 20th district.

Alcee L. Hastings represents his native state of Florida by serving as Congressman for District 20, which includes parts of Broward, Palm Beach, and Hendry Counties. Congressman Hastings was first elected in 1992 and is currently serving his 12th term in the Congress. Born in Altamonte Springs, he attended Florida's public schools, and graduated from Fisk University in 1958. He earned his law degree from Florida A&M University in Tallahassee.

I’m sending this in advance of the official announcement that should be coming from our PR office with the hope that we will have respectable attendance at the event.  Please support this program sponsored by the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences with your presence.  As important, encourage our students (especially education majors) to attend and remind them to dress appropriately.

Respectfully,

Marsha D. Herron, Ph.D.  / Assistant Professor / Department of Elementary and Special Education
Office: 405-466-3267 / Fax: 405-466-3209
mdherron at langston.edu<mailto:lsmith at langston.edu>

Langston University 1-877-466-2231
P.O Box 1500
Sanford Hall Rm. 210W