[Lu_faculty] Faculty Senate Meeting 3/3

James Showalter jimshowalter48 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:10:42 CST 2016

3-1-16  Tues // 9:52 a.Senators,There will be a Faculty Senate meeting on Thursday, March 3, at 11:00.  We will meet in our usual spots and it will again be ably chaired by Dr. Elicia Pollard in my absence.   I will be back to chair the April meeting.One order of business must be finalizing the elections not only for the new Faculty Senate members but also for the motion passed about adjunct salaries.  I will gladly entertain any other items to be put upon the agenda.There is currently a Student Evaluation committee that is studying not only the evaluation document but, maybe more critically, the means of implementing it.  It is chaired by Dr. Aliya Chaudry.  I sit on it, as does Ms. Joanna Howard and others.  I would recommend that concerns and ideas be addressed to Dr. Chaudry.  This does not stop the Faculty Senate from further discussing the matter.  I know we have all been distressed by the exceedingly low response rates,  rates that seem much lower than other schools as well as what we used to get with the in-class paper form.  I will tell you that I doubt that the administration would allow a return to paper forms,  though various schemes of in-class electronic procedures have been discussed.Jim Showalter