[Lu_faculty] "Fall Faculty Development"

HERRON, MARSHA D mdherron at langston.edu
Thu Oct 13 08:13:05 CDT 2016

Visit our D2L course<http://d2l.langston.edu/> in Bright Space where all of the content can be viewed at any time.

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/27aac8a65e64c994c4416d6b8/images/leaves_header.png]
LU Faculty Development

Upcoming Workshops
Fall 2016

“It's essential to keep moving, learning and evolving for as long as you're here and this world keeps spinning”

― Rasheed Ogunlaru<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5810052.Rasheed_Ogunlaru>

Here are the upcoming workshops for the Fall 2016 semester. Workshops will still be advertised the day before or the day of, but we thought this would be a good way to get them on your calendars in advance.

We have exciting news!!!! We have now added even greater access to your professional/faculty development here at Langston University. All school deans and faculty members have been added to an ongoing course in D2L. From this course you will have access to the call for proposals, faculty development calendars, webniars (for live or archive viewing), presenter content, and evaluations. Below you will find a link to a navigation video, or simply log into your new LU Faculty Development course and check out the current content. If you find you or someone you know is not a part of the course, please let us know immediately and we will add to our list. Please remember we are always engaging in continuous improvement to deliver our best service, but feedback is always welcome.

There is still time to sign up for the spring semester to share your knowledge with your colleagues.

D2L LU Faculty Development Navigation video (adjust volume) The video is unlisted, so you must have the link to view, or view as embedded on the D2L course home page. https://youtu.be/nTqq-aaor5s

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ee6b69dd39431b5f95876ab7f/images/8bafd7b9-9f18-40b5-8cdb-164f640a4c3d.png]
Joel Snow and Franklin Fondjo Fotou
October 13, 2016 @ 11:00 am
How the Computing Center for Research and Education(CCRE) and the Supercomputer on campus can contribute to LU's Faculty Research and Education

The Langston University Computing Center for Research and Education (CCRE), located on the main campus, provides computational resources and training in their use for faculty researchers, educators, and students.  The directors of CCRE propose to inform the faculty of the valuable resource the National Science Foundation has provided Langston University.  The resource can provide the computational cycles, storage, and expertise needed to enable efficient data processing for faculty research projects in all research fields.  The CCRE also helps students acquire computational skills through training and educators implement computation related courses that use actual resources and a platform for cyber related course development.  We will describe the instrument and its capabilities, how it is used, and how it fits into the larger collaborative cyberinfrastructure in Oklahoma and beyond.

The outcomes of this activity are expected to be: Inform and influence pedagogical practices, Improve instructional delivery, Innovate course delivery and enrichment, Increase grant writing capacity and efforts, Provide knowledge of Langton University’s functions, Stimulate research efforts, Stimulate collaborations.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ee6b69dd39431b5f95876ab7f/images/02df2931-365e-4777-8a01-59c1e6c2273e.png]
Marsha Herron
October 18, 2016 @3:00 pm

Creating Communities of Practice to Assess School, Department, and Program Practices.

This session will cover ways to organize around the need to collect meaningful data that can be used to make informed decisions in various aspects of our instructional departments. Session attendees will explore ways to gather data using technology that is easy to incoroporate into daily practice.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ee6b69dd39431b5f95876ab7f/images/02df2931-365e-4777-8a01-59c1e6c2273e.png]
Aliya Chaudry, PT, MBA, DPT, J.D.
November 8, 2016 @11:00 am

Understanding the Promotion and Tenure Process

This session will cover the Langston University promotion and tenure process for faculty who are intending to apply in the Fall 2017 semester. Session attendees will walk through the process and be able to ask questions to a committee member.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ee6b69dd39431b5f95876ab7f/images/02df2931-365e-4777-8a01-59c1e6c2273e.png]
Ardenna Harris,
November 10, 2016 @11:00 am

Langston University Grants and Sponsored Programs

This session will cover the programs and functions of the office of Grants and Sponsored Programs. Session attendees will be able to understand the process of applying for grants and receive up-t

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ee6b69dd39431b5f95876ab7f/images/02df2931-365e-4777-8a01-59c1e6c2273e.png]
C. Darlington Mundende, Ph.D.
November 17, 2016 @11:00 am

Assessment the Lifeblood of Academics

In this presentation, the formative and summative assessment, types of assessment, and virtues of conducting continuous assessment that is tied to learning objectives and activities will be emphasized.

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/27aac8a65e64c994c4416d6b8/images/leafpile_top.png]

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/27aac8a65e64c994c4416d6b8/images/leaves_footer_bottom.png]
Copyright © *2016* *Faculty Development*, All rights reserved.
*Langston University*

Our mailing address is:
*mdherron at langston.edu
*405-466-8569*