[NASSGAPnonmember] NASSGAP - Save the Date!!!

Deena Lager dlager at azhighered.gov
Fri Jun 12 16:10:02 CDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Please mark your calendars for the 2020 NASSGAP conference, to be held
Tuesday, October 13th through Friday October 16th!
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes to our normal routines.  State
budgets across the country have been impacted and multiple state agencies
have also imposed travel restrictions for staff through the end of the
calendar year.  As such, the Executive Committee has decided to host our
first ever “virtual” NASSGAP conference.  While we will miss exploring
Cincinnati, Ohio together, we are excited about our plans to “see” you all
on a safe and socially distanced computer screen.

Good news!  The Executive Committee has decided to waive the conference
registration fee for all NASSGAP members this year due to the virtual
format and agency budget constraints.  This is an amazing value for all
NASSGAP member organizations and their staff.  If your agency is not
already a NASSGAP member or you have not yet renewed your membership, now
is the time!

As you are thinking about the best way to maximize your limited budget
dollars, consider all the benefits of a $1,000 NASSGAP membership this year:

a)   Year-round access to a forum of your colleagues and industry leaders
for the development and exchange of information, ideas, policy positions,
and procedures.

b)   Access to collaborate with other associations, councils, and agencies
with similar goals.

c)    FREE access to the 2020 conference for your *entire* staff; a savings
of $450 per person registered.  If only three people from your office
attend, the membership has paid for itself and saved an additional $350
plus travel expenses!

To join or renew your membership, visit the NASSGAP website at
www.nassgap.org <https://www.nassgap.org/request-to-register-organization/>.

The conference committee is curating a diverse collection of interesting
sessions and speakers.  Conference registration details and a draft program
will be shared over the summer.

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe and healthy!

*NASSGAP 2020 Conference Committee Co-chairs & Members-At-Large*

*Renée Davis and Deena Lager*
rdavis at nshe.nevada.edu and dlager at azhighered.gov

[image: image.png]

Deena Lager

Director of Arizona Student Financial Aid and

Director of the Arizona Family College Savings (529) Program

Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education

2020 North Central Ave., Suite 650

Phoenix, AZ  85004

Telephone: 602.542.7235

Email: dlager at azhighered.gov

www.highered.az.gov and www.az529.gov

*...expanding access and increasing success in postsecondary education for
Arizonans*