[Oacrao-l] Questions for the Day

Reigh, Libby libby.reigh at okstate.edu
Thu Jul 7 17:01:43 CDT 2011

I'm a little late to the game.  Hope this information is helpful.  Best, Libby
When students report they have been convicted of a felony on the application for admission to Oklahoma State University, we send their application information to the Student Conduct Office for admission clearance.  Please see below for additional information provided by our Student Conduct Office.
We generally don't grant clearance to people still in prison or people on active/current suspension from other schools. Other than that, it's case by case. We examine past behavior and things that have happened since to get a sense of whether or not they would pose any safety danger to the campus.
If clearance is granted, the applicant is generally not allowed to live in on-campus housing because we have what the law calls a "special relationship" with people we are in a landlord-tenant situation with. Other restrictions are rare, but we have used a few in the past (e.g. Can't major in primary education if you have a history of sex offenses against kids, university probation if you have a history of repeated offenses, computer network restrictions if you have a history of computer related crimes, etc.).
 There is an OSRHE policy on this I could send you next week, but it doesn't have much specific information. 3.9.10

OSU accepts both the official AP scores and those reported on high school transcripts.  However, the credit does not show up as "earned" or transcribed on their official OSU transcript until the student has earned 12 credit hours at OSU.

Libby Reigh
Assistant Director

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Oklahoma State University