[Oacrao-l] Commencement

Janet Kelley kelleyje at nsuok.edu
Thu Apr 8 07:12:57 CDT 2021

Hi Chelsea,

   1. Do you have more than one ceremony each year?  *NSU traditionally has
   ceremonies in both spring ( 3 in Tahlequah and 1 in Tulsa) and fall (2 in
   Tahlequah).  Our summer graduates participate in the May ceremony prior to
   their actual graduation.  December graduates who are predominately on our
   Broken Arrow campus have the option of attending the ceremony in Tahlequah
   in December or waiting until the following May to participate in the
   ceremony we hold at the ORU Mabee Center in Tulsa.*
   2. If you have only one ceremony, do your fall graduates participate in
   the ceremony before or the ceremony after their intended graduation?
   * n/a*
   3. Do you have a credit hour requirement or any other requirement that
   must be met for a summer or fall graduate to participate in the spring
   ceremony prior to their intended graduation? *We ask that students apply
   for their degree for the semester in which they will complete degree
   requirements but we realize that some students apply early so they can
   attend a certain ceremony.  We give them the benefit of the doubt but if
   they are too far off, we notify them that they need to apply for the
   appropriate semester.*
   4. Do you have any students perform musical pieces or any other student
   performances as part of your commencement ceremony? *Our music students
   perform in a brass quintet led by our Director of Bands and we have student
   vocalists who are most often music majors.*

Take care!
Janet

Janet Kelley
Registrar
Northeastern State University
701 North Grand Avenue
Tahlequah, OK  74464
(918) 444-2228
Fax: (918) 458-9638

* Courage isn't always a lion's roar.  It is sometimes the heart at the end
of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."  ~ UnknownPlease include
your NSU ID number on all correspondence.NSU has partnered with Parchment
for delivery of your official NSU transcript.  Electronic transcripts are
$5.00 per copy and paper transcripts are $6.00 per copy.  Click NSU
Official Transcript Request
<https://exchange.parchment.com/send/adds/index.php?main_page=login&s_id=NhxK1SuU38Z82sfq>
to order your transcript.  *
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and deleting this email immediately.