[Oacrao-l] FERPA-Request to amend records

Norwood, John john.norwood at connorsstate.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:17:38 CDT 2022

Hi Chelsea and OACRAO,

At CSC we have both a Grade Appeals Committee and an Academic Appeal Committee. These committees are both comprised of a cross section of various staff and administrators at CSC (Financial Aid Director, Director of the Bursar Office, Division Chairs, Dean of Students, Registrar, and so forth). The nature of the amendment being sought would dictate which committee reviews and adjudicates the appeal. The Grade Appeal Committee tends to see more activity with regard to recent grievances, and the more historical grievances tend to route to the Academic Appeals Committee. Ultimately our chief academic officer, the Vice President of Academic Affairs, reviews the committee determination(recommendation) and makes the final determination.

With the Academic Appeals Committee, record amendments tend to come in the form of issuing late withdraws, administrative withdraws, or complete back outs. As the committee's name suggests, the Academic Appeals Committee would operate more in the realm of amendments for the actual letter grade.

Since I serve on both committees, I typically monitor for grievances that would be better suited for a resolution meeting the criteria of an academic reprieve or academic renewal and direct the student there.

Kindly,

​John L. Norwood II

Registrar

Connors State College

700 College Road

Warner, OK 74469

918-463-6233

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments,
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all
copies of this message.