[Oacrao-l] Senior Suspension Policy

Cooper, Stephanie Gwyinell scooper at ecok.edu
Fri Nov 17 13:11:19 CST 2023

Good morning OACRAO Colleagues,

I have a question regarding the Regent's Senior Suspension policy and wanted feedback from others.

I have a student who is trying to transfer from a regional Oklahoma university and his current status is suspension and it was as of summer 2022 from that school.  It's the student's second suspension from said school, but the student is a senior. Can the 1+ Senior policy be applied to admit the student in this case? The student has never attended ECU and in the past, I only recall applying the policy to senior students who were currently enrolled with us. Do I tell the student go to a two-year school and get your GPA up to a 2.0 and come back? Help!

The policy states:

B. Suspension of Seniors

An institution may allow a student with 90 or more hours in a specified

degree program who has failed to meet the GPA of 2.0 or the semester

GPA of 2.0 to enroll in up to 15 additional semester hours in a further

attempt to achieve the GPA requirement. During this 15 hours of

enrollment, the student must achieve a minimum 2.0 semester GPA

during each enrollment or raise the GPA to 2.0 or above. This senior

suspension exception can be exercised only once per student.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. It's much appreciated.

Stephanie

Stephanie Cooper, MSHR
Transfer Coach
Office of Admissions
Sterling L. Williams Center
Rm 201
EAST CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
1100 E 14 St, PMB P-2
Ada, OK 74820-6999
scooper at ecok.edu<mailto:scooper at ecok.edu> |www.ecok.edu
(580) 559-5153 ph |(580) 559-5167 fax
Once A Tiger, Always A Tiger!
We educate and empower students to understand and transform our world.

We Are ECU!
We go the extra mile to provide an exceptional experience
for students and those we serve.