[Oacrao-l] Asylum/Residency Question

Amy Dunn dunn36 at nsuok.edu
Wed Oct 4 10:57:54 CDT 2023

Good morning - we have a student who was granted asylum back in 2016 but
has still not received the necessary appointment to establish residency.
Have any of you come across this situation and how have you handled it as
far as in-state/out-of-state tuition fees? I did some very brief
investigating online and found a document from 2022 that stated Asylum
Seekers are "not referenced in state policy". Jennifer Nichols (Director of
Admissions & Recruitment, cc'd on this email) spent some time looking
through the ORSHE website and was unable to find any information. Before we
reach out to ORSHE, I thought I'd try here first.

Any help/answers/resolutions you may have would be helpful. Jennifer can
provide more detailed information if anyone needs it.
Thank you!

--
*Amy Dunn*
Registrar

918.444.2228 (p)
918.458.9638 (f)

*Please include your NSU ID number on all correspondence.NSU has partnered
with Parchment for delivery of your official NSU transcript.  Electronic
transcripts are $5.00 per copy and paper transcripts are $6.00 per copy.
Click NSU Official Transcript Request
<https://exchange.parchment.com/send/adds/index.php?main_page=login&s_id=NhxK1SuU38Z82sfq>
order your transcript. *
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and deleting this email immediately.