[Oacrao-l] Transfer Work Policy

Crall, Kasie T. kasie at ou.edu
Tue Sep 26 08:38:50 CDT 2023

Good morning,

OU does not have a maximum number of transfer hours, but a student would need at least 60 hours of senior institution hours (4-year) and would need to fulfill the 30 hours of residency hours.

Then each individual degree program has their own specific requirements regarding transfer hours that may be stricter than what I stated above.

For example, in the Journalism College:

  *   Students may transfer in a maximum of 12 hours of journalism and mass communication coursework prior to full admission to the Gaylord College.
  *   Once fully admitted to the college, students may petition the faculty to have an additional three (3) hours from an outside ACEJMC institution applied to their University of Oklahoma degree.
  *   A maximum of 15 credit hours of JMC transfer coursework may be applied to a degree.

Or in our Business College:

  *   A maximum of 62 hours will transfer for credit from a two-year college.
  *   Credit from a two-year college will be accepted to meet lower-division requirements and free electives only.
  *   A maximum of six hours of transfer work will apply toward the major.

Thank you,

Kasie Crall, Ph.D.

Associate Registrar

Office of the Registrar | Enrollment Management

THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA

405-325-4147 | Kasie at ou.edu<mailto:Kasie at ou.edu>