[Oasfaa] Additional 2005-2006 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Mon Apr 3 10:59:46 CDT 2006

As of today we still have $1.5 million in 2005-2006 OTAG funds that can be awarded to eligible students for spring 2006.  We are very intent on delivering more OTAG awards to Oklahoma's students, even at this late date, since failure to expend additional funds will result in Oklahoma's loss of some of our federal SLEAP allocation.

Institutions can now claim spring 2006 OTAG awards for students with 2005-2006 FAFSA receipt dates through June 30, 2005.  We will continue to pay award claims as long as funds remain available.

As soon as possible we will generate and forward to all institutions a pre-populated Award Claim Form that includes these additional potential awardees.  Unfortunately, the web server that houses the OTAG database has a hardware problem, and we cannot begin this process until the server has been repaired -- hopefully before the end of today.

Our goal at the beginning of the 2005-2006 award year was to have spring semester Award Claim Forms processing concluded by April 15; however, we did not factor in the possibility that it would be this late in the semester before we would have the information we needed to identify that funds remained available to extend the award cutoff date.  We do ask that you submit any additional award claims for your students without delay; however, we will not be adhering to the earlier announced April 15 cutoff for their receipt.

Please contact me if you have questions or need assistance regarding OTAG awards for your students.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392