[Oasfaa] Simplification of the OTAG Program - Continued Review

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Tue Apr 4 15:31:25 CDT 2006

When a decision was made to modify the 2005-2006 awarding and reporting processes for the centralized OTAG program, we also committed to continue to review the program for further modifications, including but not limited to the possibility of decentralization.

Throughout this process, one thing that we have come to understand is that decentralization has a number of different meanings.  While no conclusions have been reached, the attached document compares key issues on how a centralized program might differ from a decentralized program.  This document is for discussion purposes, and is not at this time a proposal for change.  We welcome your comments, ideas, and suggestions in this regard.

We also want to check in with institutions regarding the simplified awarding and reporting processes that were implemented in the 2005-2006 centralized program to seek advisement regarding any improvements that might need to be made.  A short questionnaire is being developed, and you will be hearing from us soon in this regard.

Bryce, Audrey, and I will be attending the OASFAA conference, and we look forward to visiting with you regarding the OTAG program.  As always, we appreciate your assistance in delivering funds to Oklahoma's needy students.

One last item:  As reported yesterday, our plans to deliver pre-populated Award Claim Forms that include additional students due to the extended award cutoff date have been delayed.   We expect to be able to begin generating the reports tomorrow, and will make every effort deliver them to you as quickly as possible.  We apologize for the delay, and we appreciate your understanding.

 <<04-03-06 OTAG cent v decent comp.doc>>

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392