[Oasfaa] Illegal Aliens Question

Sherry Foster sfoster at sosu.edu
Thu Apr 20 17:08:12 CDT 2006

Good Afternoon:

I am ready to pull my hair out!!!  I have had two situations this afternoon that deal with illegal aliens.  The first scenario is a student, who is an American citizen, but her mother is illegal - using a fake social security number and working for a local nursing home.  Father is still in Mexico.  What do you do?

Second scenario is a student married to an illegal - she had no earnings for 2005, he earned as a waiter, under the table, now separated - how do you prove her existence for 2005 without a tax return or W2 or any other type of income verification????

I am open to any good suggestions - Thank you
Sherry

Sherry Foster
Director of Student Financial Aid
Southeastern Oklahoma State University