Fw: [Oasfaa] What would you do

SMcGill at ucok.edu SMcGill at ucok.edu
Tue Aug 29 12:24:09 CDT 2006

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

''When life isn't a bed of roses, remember who wore the thorns".
Unknown

Sheila McGill, Director
Office of Student Financial Aid
Nigh University Center, Room 141
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, Oklahoma  73034
Office (405) 974-2300
Fax     (405) 974-3895

SMcGill at ucok.edu
Sent by: oasfaa-bounces at lists.onenet.net
08/28/2006 06:10 PM

oasfaa at onenet.net
cc

Subject
[Oasfaa] What would you do

Hey Colleagues, need your advice.  I have a student who applied as a
dependent and was selected for verification, but cannot provide the income
verification documents because his parents will not support him because
they wanted him to go to school in Florida and he choose to follow his
Oklahoma girl friend (of a different race) and come to school here.

He wants us to do an override on the basis that his parents will no longer
provide him with support (unwillingness to support) since he choose to
come to Oklahoma against their wishes.  He has a mentor who reminds me
that she knows important people and she is now trying make a appointment
with my president to make me do my job.   Did i tell you i am getting
pressured to do a dependency override because "FAFSA says I can".

Anybody want to share your thoughts.