[Oasfaa] Mother living with boyfriend

Diana Lee DLee at snu.edu
Wed Aug 30 17:50:46 CDT 2006

Hello everyone!

 I need know how you would handle this type of situation.

One of our students was selected for verification.  To make a long
story short, we found out his mother was living with a boyfriend and he
supports her, but not the student (so they say).  They live in Texas and
the mother says Texas does not consider them married.  She called the
FAFSA hotline and was told not to include the boyfriend's income.

If she lived in Oklahoma, I would say they were common law, however,
I'm not sure about Texas.

Thanks for your help.