[Oasfaa] Additional News

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Fri Mar 3 13:34:39 CST 2006

In case I haven't told everyone, the OU women's basketball team won the
3/1/06 game against Texas Tech by ONE FREAKING POINT.  Look, I respect
Kelvin's team and all, but I don't want my women picking up bad habits
from his men!  I (and about 150 other people) met the bus Wednesday
night at 12:30 when they arrived back from Lubbock.....it was SWEET.
:-)**Next up is being number 1 seed in the Big 12 Tournament (bracket
available at
http://www.big12sports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/big12-w-baskbl-champ
ionship.html).   Our first game is Wednesday 3/8 at noon playing the
winner of the Iowa State/Texas game.

In the interest of keeping everyone informed, Great Lakes announced
today they will pay the 1% default fee for their borrowers for the
2006-2007 award year.   They did include a caveat that they will review
their policy annually.   Subject to that review AND/OR statutory or
regulatory changes, they hope to be able to continue paying the fee
after 06-07.  You can read the full text of the news release at
http://www.nasfaa.org/publications/2006/cngreatlakes030306.html .  As
you'll notice, the only two guarantors (NY HESC and Great Lakes) who
have announced they will pay the fee are also large servicers so they
have revenue streams from other enterprises with which to subsidize
their guarantor operations.

Have a good weekend!

Pam McConahay
Assoc. Dir., Compliance, Training & Lender Relations
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Avenue, Room 216 Norman OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu

This message, and attachments if any,  from the University of Oklahoma
may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information.  If you received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.