[Oasfaa] Friday's Training

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Wed Nov 15 13:17:14 CST 2006

Boy, you say "Free" and "Training" to this group and you jump on it like
a duck on a june bug, don't you?!

We have approximately 140 people attending our training at Rose State
College's Tom Steed Center on Friday.  REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.

If you've forgotten what the training is supposed to cover, see the
"Workshop Content" attached.

 In case you're not sure if you're registered or who from your school is
registered, I've attached a list of registrants. It is in school order.
If your entry is grayed out, it's because you told me you needed to
cancel (your school will still get a set of materials by mail).

We have FIFTY-NINE schools represented.  Remember that each school will
get ONE set of materials.  We had to order additional sets from NASFAA
to make sure every school gets one.

Be sure to bring a three ring binder for your materials, it needs to be
at least 3/4". The materials are shrink wrapped;   I WILL point and
laugh when you drop it and the pages go everywhere, and we will keep on
teaching while you're on your knees picking up paper, so don't forget
the binder!

I've made a command decision and decided to provide copies of the
Powerpoint slides to all attendees (28 pages front/back).  I think it
will make it much easier to follow along for those who don't have the
materials.

Registration begins at 8:30 (coffee, juice, pastries available) and
TRAINING BEGINS PROMPTLY AT NINE A.M.

LUNCH IS ON YOUR OWN.  Attached is a list of local eateries (thanks to
Lori Perry and Pam Chandler for compiling this), we'll have additional
copies available on Friday.  DON'T PLAN ON A LEISURELY LUNCH, WE WILL
START BACK ON TIME WHETHER YOU ARE THERE OR NOT.  Our goal is to finish
by 4 p.m. so you don't get caught in the afternoon Tinker traffic.

Speaking of traffic, there is a map of the Rose State campus on the
eateries list.  If you want a driving map, go to
http://www.rose.edu/about/index.htm and select Proximity Map.  We will
be meeting in the Tom Steed Center at the corner of Hudiburg Drive and
the Tinker Diagonal.

Pam McConahay
Assoc. Dir., Compliance, Training & Lender Relations
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Avenue, Room 216 Norman OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu

This message, and attachments if any,  from the University of Oklahoma
may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information.  If you received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.

P. S.  If your school has a "value" or "value plus" membership to
NASFAA, you will receive the Fall training materials in electronic
format after all the state trainings have been completed.