[Oasfaa] Awarding question - Help

Jonna L. Raney jlraney at stgregorys.edu
Wed Sep 6 14:40:05 CDT 2006

We have a student that we suspect is going to get her refund and then
"run" (withdraw.) (Her mother recently did this to us and based on her
eagerness to get her refund check and other factors that I won't bore
you with, we really think this is her intention.)  Of course, if she is
successful, we will be left with an unpaid balance when she "runs."

She is accepted into our program as a degree seeking student and was
awarded financial aid. We have not disbursed any funds yet because her
classes just started.

She admitted recently that she intends to take 9-12 hours and then
transfer to another school. I think I know the answer, but do I have to
award her federal aid? She is not seeking a degree from our institution,
but she claims that is her overall goal.

Please advise.  I need a loophole, but of course, I must stay in
compliance.

Thanks in advance,
Jonna