[Oasfaa] Citizens Caring for Children

Andrew Hammontree AHammontree at francistuttle.com
Wed Apr 18 16:55:22 CDT 2007

At the OASFAA business meeting on Friday, some of you were curious about
how this year’s fund raiser for Citizens Caring for Children compared
to the two previous years.  We made $832 with the pie-in-the-face fund
raiser this year, and the association donated an additional $168 to
bring our full donation up to $1000.  Of the $832 we raised, $330 came
from personal checks made out directly to Citizens Caring for Children.
These checks will not pass through the OASFAA checking account, so the
future treasurer’s report will only reflect a $670 donation.

In fall 2005, we raised $1,654 at our silent auction.  We split these
proceeds evenly between the scholarship account and Citizens Caring for
Children, with $827 going to each place.  We also donated all the board
game/puzzle table centerpieces from the spring 2006 conference.

During the 2004-2005 fiscal year, we donated a total of $1,500 to
Citizens Caring for Children.  Part of this donation came from personal
checks made our directly to CCC and did not flow through the OASFAA
checking account.  However, based on the treasurer's report and the
minutes from the board/business meetings, I was able to determine that
$500 was a cash donation OASFAA made to the Citizens Caring for
Children’s Christmas drive after the fall 2004 conference.  In spring
2005, our golf tournament raised $1245, with half the proceeds going to
the scholarship account and the other $622.50 going to Citizens Caring
for Children.  OASFAA donated an additional $377.50 to bring our total
spring 2005 donation up to $1000.

Of course, this does not include the clothing, shoes, toys, gift cards,
and other items our association has donated to Citizens Caring for
Children over the years.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Andrew Hammontree
Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Francis Tuttle Technology Center
Phone: 405.717.4336
Fax: 405.717-4392