[Oasfaa] Cutoff Date Extended to July 15, 2006 -- Additional Spring 2007 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Fri Apr 20 10:27:25 CDT 2007

As announced earlier, we have $1.1 million in 2006-2007 OTAG funds that can be awarded to additional eligible students.  Based on feedback received at the recent OASFAA conference, responses to our informal poll, and timing issues related to the pending OTAG policy amendment to allow summer awards, we have decided to extend the spring 2007 awarding cutoff and are now accepting additional Award Claim Forms.   Participation in this extended awarding opportunity is optional at each institution's discretion.

Institutions can now claim spring 2007 OTAG awards for students with 2006-2007 FAFSA receipt dates through July 15, 2006.  Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until they are expended. The OSRHE Secure File Exchange enters a time and date stamp when a report is successfully uploaded, and we will process Award Claim Forms in the order in which they are received.

While participation in this additional award claim process is optional at each institution's discretion, pre-populated OTAG Award Claim Forms that reflect the new extended cutoff date have been placed on the OSRHE Secure File Exchange site for all institutions and are now available for downloading.

IMPORTANT:  Since we must disburse the remaining $1.1 million in order to maintain our eligibility for Oklahoma's full LEAP and SLEAP allocation, we have a very small margin for cancellations at this point. We are counting on institutions to make all possible efforts to minimize the possibility of returning to OTAG any funds received in this final 2006-2007 awarding process.  IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT AWARD CLAIM FORMS SUBMITTED INCLUDE ONLY THOSE STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE COMPLETELY ELIGIBLE AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF YOUR AWARD CLAIM FORM (i.e. packaging issues resolved, Title IV compliance achieved, attendance and satisfactory academic progress achieved -- all eligibility criteria met).

Please contact our office if you have questions or need assistance regarding additional spring OTAG awards for your students.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392