[Oasfaa] Sorry, I forgot the link

SMcGill at ucok.edu SMcGill at ucok.edu
Thu Aug 30 16:29:46 CDT 2007

Hello Colleagues, I realize everybody is busy, but if you have time to
respond to this, I need some assistance.  Our housing department
previously paid their RA's (Residential Assistants) through payroll which
was subject to inclusion as income on the next year's income statement and
FAFSA.  For 07/08 they decided to pay these same students for the same
service, but as a scholarship, therefore my office is counting these
dollars as a resource against their federal financial Aid, resulting in
many of these students loosing need based aid previously awarded.   They
would like for me to ignore these dollars (which covers in some cases full
room and board expenses).  Ofcourse I am standing firm that these dollars
must be included as a resource, however they did some research and came up
with the following and are using that to indicate we are wrong to include
these dollars.  Look at slides 62-65

http://ifap.ed.gov/presentations/attachments/05NASFAAUnexplResEstFA.pdf

"I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my
mouth."
                          Psalms 34 : 1

Sheila McGill, Financial Aid Director
Student Financial Services
Nigh University Center, Room 141
University of Central Oklahoma
Edmond, Oklahoma  73034
Office (405) 974-2300
Fax     (405) 974-3895

**CONFIDENTIALITY** -This email (including any attachments) may
contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information.  Any