[Oasfaa] Spring 2008 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Tue Dec 18 15:52:24 CST 2007

With Fall 2007 OTAG disbursement activity now finalized by most
institutions, we have identified uncommitted  funds that will
accommodate the extension of the FAFSA receipt date cutoff for OTAG
awards for Spring 2008 to 6/25/07.   Additionally, the EFC cutoff for
spring awards has been extended to 1700.  ONLY SPRING SEMESTER FUNDS CAN
BE CLAIMED using these extended cutoffs.  Based on our evaluation of
current and past years' OTAG awards data, we believe that we will be
able to continue the 1700 EFC cutoff in the 2008-2009 award year.

Pre-populated Award Claim Forms generated by OTAG for Spring 2008 will
include:
*	students who were awarded and disbursed in Fall 2007
*	students who were awarded and subsequently cancelled in Fall
2007, unless they were cancelled due to a change in EFC greater than the
Spring 2008 awarding cutoff of 1700
*	students with award potential who were not awarded in fall but
could be awarded in spring -- this group includes students with FAFSA
receipt dates from 1-1-07 through 6/25/07 and EFCs of 1700 or lower.

Students included in an Excel pre-populated Award Claim Form for spring
will be sorted in the following order:
*	Awarded
*	Cancelled
*	Pending

On the Excel spreadsheet Award Claim Form this status will be displayed
in Column J.  On the FTP Award Claim Form the status will be displayed
in Field #11, Position 71.

As in fall Award Claim Form reporting, institutions using the
pre-populated will need to delete information for students who should
not be paid in spring (even if they were paid in fall) and edit the
information as appropriate (FT/PT, overawards, etc.) for the students to
be paid in spring.  More detailed instructions will accompany the spring
pre-populated or blank template reports.

If you would like to receive a "work copy" pre-populated Award Claim
Form to assist you in identifying additional students who can be awarded
in spring, please send a request to reports at otag.org.

Please contact our office at 405.225.9456 or toll free 877.662.6231 or
send e-mail to reports at otag.org if you have questions or require more
information regarding spring OTAG awarding and disbursement processes.

We wish you all Happy Holidays!

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392