[Oasfaa] About the Snow and Ice

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Thu Feb 1 17:07:42 CST 2007

I've told several people about, and some of you have seen me wear, 'ice
cleats' on my shoes during this bad weather.  Many of you have asked
where I got them.  Given the weather yesterday and today, I think all of
you could use some.

Yes, they work.  No, they're not hard to get on and off your shoes.
Yes, they come in different sizes.  Yes, I wear the same ones on a pair
of regular shoes and on a pair of big clodhoppers or athletic shoes,
they stretch.  Can you wear them all the time?  No, what kind of weirdo
are you?  If you want to click when you walk, buy some golf shoes.

 I hadn't realized how relaxed I felt walking on the ice while wearing
them until I tried walking yesterday without them.  If you're
interested,
go to http://cozywinters.com/ice-cleats/ice-cleats.html
<http://cozywinters.com/ice-cleats/ice-cleats.html>     There are
several styles, the ones I bought for myself and my husband are the
Get-A-Grip-Ultra.  If you want to shop around, google "Get-A-Grip" and
it will give you several catalog choices to order them from.

And now, very fitting  new lyrics for our state song, courtesy of Susan
Beck at Arvest Bank:
SNOW-klahoma,

where the cold fronts sweepin' down the plain;

And the piles of sleet beneath your feet follow right behind the
freezing rain.

SNOW-klahoma,

Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I

Travel home from work and hope some jerk Doesn't wreck our car in
passing by.

We know we belong to the land

But it could use more salt and more sand!

And when we say

Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!

We're only sayin' you're slick as snot,

SNOW-klahoma!

SNOW-klahoma, Oy Vey!

Pam McConahay
Assoc. Dir., Compliance, Training & Lender Relations
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Avenue, Room 216 Norman OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu

This message, and attachments if any,  from the University of Oklahoma
may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information.  If you received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.