[Oasfaa] OTAG 2006-2007 Awarding Update

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Tue Mar 13 16:03:23 CDT 2007

As of today we have $1.5 million in 2006-2007 OTAG funds that needs to be awarded to eligible students.  Additional awards must be disbursed in order for us to meet our federal LEAP/SLEAP matching funds requirements; otherwise, we risk the loss of our federal funding.  You may recall that we are pursuing a change in OTAG policy that will authorize the disbursement of OTAG funds for summer enrollments.  This is an action item on the agenda for the March 15 meeting of the State Regents, and we will provide more information regarding the outcome at a later time.

Institutions can continue to claim spring 2007 OTAG awards for students with 2006-2007 FAFSA receipt dates through June 7, 2006, and we ask that you proceed with this process without delay.   Our plan at the beginning of the 2006-2007 award year was to have spring semester Award Claim Forms processing concluded by April 10, and we remain intent on meeting this goal.  The sooner we are able to determine the amount of funds to be expended for spring 2007, the sooner we can advise institutions regarding the possibility of summer OTAG awards.

Attached for your information is a spreadsheet that compares each institutions OTAG 2005-2006 OTAG award totals with 2006-2007 awards as of March 13, 2007.  Please contact our office if we can be of assistance to you with additional OTAG awards for the spring semester.

 <<2006-2007 Sch Compare 0506-0607_031307.xls>>

Please contact me if you have questions or need assistance regarding OTAG awards for your students.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392