[Oasfaa] FW: 1040 Required? Simplified Needs Test Chart Ready

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Fri Mar 16 15:11:13 CDT 2007

Each year, I prepare a chart to help financial aid administrators
determine if a person who filed a 1040 was actually eligible to file a
1040A or 1040EZ.  The purpose of the chart is to help you and your
applicants accurately answer Questions 34 and 72 on the FAFSA.

I've prepared the chart for use with 2006 tax returns and it is
available on the Oklahoma Association (OASFAA) website at
 http://www.finaidapps.ou.edu/OASFAA/forms_bank.cfm

A couple of reminders:

1)   THIS CHART DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE SIMPLIFIED
NEEDS TEST.  It simply helps you determine ONE eligibility factor,
whether the person was eligible to file a 1040A or EZ.

2)  I did include the complete criteria for the Simplified Needs Test at
the bottom of the page.

3)  The AGI limit for filing a 1040A or EZ went up to $100,000 in 2005.
That did NOT change the ED requirement that the AGI be no more than
$50,000 to qualify for the Simplified Needs Test.

Pam McConahay
Assoc. Dir., Compliance, Training & Lender Relations
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Avenue, Room 216 Norman OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu

This message, and attachments if any,  from the University of Oklahoma
may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information.  If you received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.