[Oasfaa] Additional Spring 2008 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Wed Apr 16 16:00:18 CDT 2008

With the majority of institutions favoring additional Spring 2008
awards, we have extended the FAFSA receipt cutoff from 6/25/07 to
7/15/08.  The EFC cutoff remains 1700.

Award Claim Forms based on this new awarding criteria have been created
for all institutions and placed on O-SAFE for downloading.  Reports will
remain on O-SAFE for 5 days before being automatically deleted.
Attention ECU, NSU, SEOSU & OSU:  Your text files have been placed on
the FTP server.  While participation in this additional awarding process
is at each institution's discretion, pre-populated reports have been
provided for all institutions.

As of today approximately $300,000 is available for additional awards.
OTAG will process Award Claim Forms on a first come,  first served
basis.   O-SAFE and the FTP server both enter a time and date stamp when
a report is successfully uploaded, and we will process Award Claim Forms
in the order in which they are received until the funds have been
expended.

IMPORTANT:  It is important that all OTAG funds requested by
institutions in this final awarding process be disbursed to eligible
students.

*	It is essential and expected that all institutions will make
every possible effort to ensure that award claims are submitted ONLY for
student's whose eligibility to receive OTAG funds has been thoroughly
confirmed (i.e. packaging issues resolved, Title IV compliance achieved,
attendance, enrollment status (FT or PT), and satisfactory progress
checked -- all eligibility criteria met).
*	It is NOT acceptable to request funds for a student who "might"
be eligible with the expectation that funds could be returned to OTAG
for cancellation in the event the student is found to be ineligible once
the funds arrive on campus.  Doing so could prevent eligible students at
other institutions from receiving awards and also put us at risk of
failing to meet our LEAP/SLEAP matching requirements.

For those interested in more details about the responses to our recent
survey of institutions regarding additional Spring versus Summer 2008
OTAG awards, the results were:

*	31 institutions in favor of additional Spring 2008 awards
*	15 institutions in favor of implementing Summer 2008 awards
*	4 institutions reported they will not participate in additional
awards for either Spring 2008 or Summer 2008
*	19 institutions did not respond

Please contact our office if you have questions concerning this final
Spring 2008 OTAG awarding process.  We appreciate your assistance in
delivering OTAG funds to Oklahoma's students.

Shiela Joyner
Director, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice:  405.225.9378 or Toll Free 877.662.6231