[Oasfaa] IMPORTANT -- SPRING 08 OTAG AWARDS

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Thu Apr 17 12:47:36 CDT 2008

*****************Important Notice to Institutions Submitting Spring 2008
Award Claim Forms******************

This morning we have found it necessary to temporarily bring the
processing of inbound Spring 2008 OTAG Award Claim Forms to a temporary
halt.   Our IT staff is currently assisting us in "undoing" several
awards that have been claimed by institutions who are now reporting to
us that some of the students for whom they requested funds are in fact
not eligible.

Folks,  we were very serious and sincere in requesting that ALL
institutions ensure that these final OTAG Award Claim Forms include only
students whose eligibility has been thoroughly verified before the claim
is submitted to OTAG for payment.

We understand there may be a sense of urgency to get your institution's
claim form "in line" to ensure your students can benefit from these
final awards.  However, we are again requesting everyone's cooperation
in thoughtfully and carefully claiming OTAG funds only for students who
can actually receive the funds.

We thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.  If you have
questions, please contact me.

Shiela Joyner
Director, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice:  405.225.9378 or Toll Free 877.662.6231