[Oasfaa] Fiesta Bowl Correct Kick-off Time is 7:00 CT

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Wed Jan 2 15:46:53 CST 2008

Contrary to my TV Guide which says the Fiesta Bowl begins at 8:15 p.m.,  kick-off is at 7:00 on Fox (the regular Fox network, not Fox Sports Net).  I figure Bob Stoops knows better than TV Guide.

For those of you who, like me, don't understand why there was a Sugar Bowl played yesterday in New Orleans between Georgia & Hawaii AND there is a separate BCS National Championship game scheduled for Jan 7 in New Orleans between LSU and Ohio State, here is Dave Barry's assessment of the BCS from his 2007 Year in Review:

In sports, a wildly unpredictable season of college football, marked by a slew of upsets, ends with the Bowl Championship Series computer awarding the final No. 1 ranking to Bryn Mawr. The Owls will play the BCS computer's No. 2 ranked team, Vassar, for the 2007 national championship in the Sugar Bowl, scheduled to be played, because of TV-marketing requirements, next July.

Pam McConahay
Associate Director, University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Ave, Room 216, Norman, OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617, Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu