[Oasfaa] 2008-2009 OTAG Awarding Information

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Wed Jul 2 10:21:44 CDT 2008

The OTAG Award Payment Schedule for 2008-09 is attached for your
information.

Eligible students meeting the awarding criteria listed below can be
claimed for payment of their OTAG awards upon the institution's
submission of a successful and timely award claim:

*	EFC is 1700 or lower (be sure to note that this is a higher EFC
cutoff than was in place for fall 2007)
*	FAFSA receipt date is 4/30/08 or earlier

The Award Payment Schedule reflects 4,531 as the maximum eligible EFC,
which is consistent with Pell in 2008-09.  The maximum EFC primarily
serves as a means to identify the total number of eligible students who
could be awarded if sufficient funds were provided.   With no increase
in OTAG funding having been provided, we expect the EFC cutoff for
awards to remain 1700 for the entire 2008-09 award year.

Also attached is a list of institutions that participate in the OTAG
program and their flat-rate award amounts for 2008-09 (one amount for
full-time undergraduates and one amount for part-time undergraduates).
The amounts shown are for the full award year, and one-half can be paid
in each the fall and spring disbursement cycles.

Important dates/deadlines that institutions and the State Regents'
office must meet are listed in the attached Timelines and Procedures for
2008-09.  These have been established in an effort to maximize the
efficiency of the administration of the OTAG program to best benefit
students statewide.  All institutions are expected to adhere to the
schedule, and everyone's cooperation will be appreciated.

We are in the process of making these same documents available in the
OTAG information section of the Financial Aid Resources for Institutions
website http://www.okhighered.org/admin-fac/FinAidResources/.

Award Claim Forms for use by campus financial aid staff as "work copies
only" are available upon request.  Please send your request to
reports at otag.org.   The Award Claim Form process for fall semester
disbursements will begin closer to the beginning of the fall semester,
and more information in this regard will be forthcoming.

Important Reminder:

Based on encouragement by the financial aid community, OTAG does not
send award notices to students.  We are relying on institutions to
include OTAG award information in their student award notices.  Please
realize that if institutions do not include OTAG awards in their student
award notification process, the students will have no confirmation that
they are receiving an OTAG award.  We're counting on institutions to be
the messengers.

Other than OTAG's Oklahoma residency requirement and the statutory
limitations on the types of institutions that are eligible to
participate, student eligibility requirements for OTAG are the same as
student eligibility requirements for Pell.  If you cannot award a
student Pell funds, you cannot award them OTAG funds.

Confidentiality of Student Data:

*	All Award Claim Forms, Disbursement Reports, Award
Reconciliation Reports, and any other lists containing a student's
identifying information (name, SSN, birth date) MUST be transmitted
using O-SAFE.
*	Any e-mail messages or attachments to e-mail messages that
contain confidential student data will not be accepted by our office and
will be immediately deleted from our e-mail system.

As always we appreciate your assistance in delivering OTAG funds to
Oklahoma's students.  If you have questions regarding the OTAG program
or the attached documents, please contact our office.

 <<OTAG Award Payment Schedule_2008-09.doc>> 	 <<08-09 Award Flat
Rate_061208.xls>> 	 <<2008-2009 OTAG Timelines & Procedures.doc>>

Shiela Joyner
Director, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice:  405.225.9378 or Toll Free 877.662.6231