[Oasfaa] OTAG question for schools

Jonna Raney Jonna.Raney at okbu.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:35:24 CDT 2008

Do any of you pay OTAG before you receive the funds from the state?  We currently award it, but don't disburse it until we get the money.  I realize that it's a risk if we pay the student and they w/d before we actually receive the funds, we would have to return the funds to the Regents, but it would help the majority of our student who do stay enrolled because they could get their refunds earlier.

If there's a reason in the statute that prevents us from doing it that way and you're aware of that problem, please advise.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Jonna