[Oasfaa] Conference reminders

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:12:57 CDT 2008

All, I hope this finds you thoroughly enjoying your Spring Break!  Just
a couple of conference reminders and announcements.

*	So far, I've gotten positive feedback on the collection drive
for Operation Backpack.  In case you'd forgotten, Operation Backpack is
our collection drive for Citizens Caring for Children for the Spring
OASFAA conference.  We are trying to gather as much as we can in the way
of backpacks, socks, and underwear for school-age kids in Oklahoma
foster care.  While we realize that not all staff members in financial
aid offices get to attend the conference, we want to encourage everyone
to participate in a little friendly competition.  If you have any
questions or need the team information again, please don't hesitate to
contact me, another member of the Program Committee, or the Team
Captains.

*	Also, this conference will be BYOB-Bring Your Own Bag.  If you
have bags from past conferences, knock the dust off of one of them and
bring it to use.  We will have bags for new attendees, but those of you
with a collection of prior bags, pick out your favorite and reuse it for
this conference.

Program Committee members

Alicia Smith, Chair, alicia.smith at metrotech.org

Nancy Vollertson, NVollertsen at ucok.edu