[Oasfaa] FW: SWASFAA Boot Camp Message

Carter, Bessie cartebm at osuokc.edu
Tue May 27 12:26:19 CDT 2008

Subject:  SWASFAA Boot Camp 2008

December 8-10, 2008

On behalf of the Southwest Association of Student Financial Aid
Administrators, I would like to invite you to take part in a unique
professional development seminar designed for those new to the
profession, SWASFAA Boot
Camp.

Whether you have served as a financial aid officer for one week, one
month, or one year, SWASFAA Boot Camp will build your knowledge base.

The materials presented provide an excellent resource guide, and the
topics facilitate discussion on principle
elements such as aid eligibility, programs, and awarding.  In addition
to the invaluable information that is provided through the program,
attending SWASFAA Boot Camp is a wonderful way to network with other
financial
professionals from our region.

Boot Camp Attendee Goals

-  Gain a global perspective of the student financial aid process from
application to maintaining award packages
(primary focus: Federal programs, secondary focus: state programs)

-  Gain an understanding of what roles financial aid professionals play
and how we enhance student learning

-  Discover methods and means for working with aid programs

-  Exchange ideas with financial aid professionals from the states
SWASFAA serves

Boot Camp will be held in conjunction with the annual SWASFAA
Conference, December 8-10, at the Peabody Hotel in
Little Rock, AR.  The program will begin at 1:00 on Monday, and will
conclude by noon on Wednesday- just in time for you to attend the
conference(December 10-12)!

If you are not a member of SWASFAA, I encourage you to become one.  The
SWASFAA network has proven itself time
and again as a priceless tool in the careers of Student Financial Aid
professionals.  For more information about
our organization, annual conference, and Boot Camp, please visit:
http://swasfaa.org/ *http://swasfaa.org/*

-  Submitted by Nora Cargo, 2008 SWASFAA Boot Camp Chair