[Oasfaa] Operation Shake Your Groove Thing

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Tue Apr 21 14:53:20 CDT 2009

First of all, I just have to say how wonderful it is to work with a group as generous as you all.  Thank you to everyone who participated in the Operation Shake Your Groove Thing at last week's conference.  I think the Citizens Caring for Children folks were a little overwhelmed at how much we were able to contribute.  You guys are setting the bar really high for next year's event!

For those of you who may have missed it at Friday's meeting, the final tallies were 184 bags, and almost each of those was full of pajamas or sweats, and $3185 in monetary donations.  Several of us were able to deliver the bags and money on Friday afternoon and the lobby of the Resource Center was overflowing.

And since I neglected to actually mention how the teams performed and I've had some requests, I thought I'd throw the results out here.  Officially Team Electric Boogaloo won, barely edging out Team Robot for top spot.  Team Bump had a late surge that put them ahead of Team Hustle.  Thank you to our team captains, Bruce Webber, Ron Hancock, Diane Hogue, and Melissa Thornton.  You guys were all such good sports about the competition and your efforts are much appreciated-not to mention the fact that you all looked incredibly cool on the dance floor.

Until next year . . .

Mendy Schmerer
Office of Student Financial Aid
Financial Aid Coordinator