[Oasfaa] Spring 2010 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Mon Dec 7 14:44:01 CST 2009

This is a follow up to an earlier alert regarding OTAG funding
commitments made in the fall semester and their anticipated effect on
spring 2010 OTAG awarding.  At the time of our earlier communication
(November 6), we were $1.3 million overcommitted, and it appeared that,
while new awards in spring would be limited, there would be some funding
available for additional awards.  However, since that time, we received
and paid additional fall 2009 award claims that exceeded our
expectations, and it now appears that there will be NO FUNDS AVAILABLE
FOR NEW AWARDS during the spring 2010.  The number of eligible
applicants in 2009-10 has increased by approximately 21 percent.  This
increase is due in part to changes in the EFC formula as well as an
overall increase in FAFSA filers.  Consequently, awards for spring 2010
will be limited as follows:

Students who can be funded in spring 2010

1.	students who were disbursed at your institution in fall 2009 and
were not subsequently found to be ineligible and cancelled in fall 2009
2.	transfer students who were disbursed at another institution in
fall 2009 and were not subsequently found to be ineligible and cancelled
at that institution in fall 2009

Students who cannot be funded in spring 2010

1.	Any student who was awarded in fall 2009 and subsequently
cancelled
2.	Any student who was not awarded in fall 2009 at any institution

Pre-populated Award Claim Forms will be modified to include only
students identified in the OTAG database as being awarded (and not
cancelled) in the fall 2009 semester.  This includes:

1.	students who were awarded and disbursed at your institution
2.	students with pending status at your institution who were
awarded and disbursed at other institutions in fall 2009 (in order to
accommodate transfers)

Institutions that create their own Award Claim Forms will need to modify
their selection criteria to adhere to these limitations.

Please contact our office if you have questions or are in need of
additional information regarding spring 2010 OTAG awards.

Shiela Joyner
Director, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet: sjoyner at otag.org <mailto:sjoyner at otag.org>
Voice: 405.225.9378 or Toll Free 877.662.6231