[Oasfaa] OASFAA Board Meeting Summary

Nancy Moats nmoats at usao.edu
Thu Jul 2 15:07:31 CDT 2009

OASFAA Members:

As a step towards addressing the concern voiced, at the spring conference
business meeting, regarding communication between the board and the general
membership, I am going to attempt to post a summary following each board
meeting.  The summary will report in general terms the actions and issues of
the board.

The incoming 2009-10 OASFAA Board met together with the outgoing board
members in June.  The basic purpose of the meeting was to close out the
previous year; to transfer materials and information to incoming members; to
introduce incoming board members and acquaint them with procedures and
duties; and start the planning process for the coming year.  There was
little old or new business to discuss at this meeting.

The changes made to the By-Laws at the conference business meeting go into
effect July 1, 2009, and the revised documents will be posted to the website
soon.  The changes implemented a fee for OASFAA membership and the board
officially set that amount at $100 per school or corporation for 2009-2010.
The contact person at each school will soon receive an information letter
and an application/invoice by e-mail.  An ad hoc committee existing of the
Treasurer, Treasurer-Elect, Past Treasurer and President will establish the
internal processing procedures for this process.  As we begin the process,
we will be glad to have your feedback and will address the issues that
improve the system for the members.

June 30, 2009 concluded the fiscal year for OASFAA.  As we close the books
for last year, we will also begin work on the budget for the current year.

The next meeting of the board will be July 22, 2009.  Please contact your
Delegates-At-Large, Carol Stanfield and/or Dustin Davidson, if you have
questions or issues for the board.  Communication is a two way exchange, so
please help do your part.

Have a fun and safe Fourth of July!

Nancy Moats

OASFAA President