[Oasfaa] Spring 2009 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Wed Mar 25 14:48:36 CDT 2009

Attached for your information is an updated spreadsheet that reflects
OTAG awards paid to students in 2008-09, compared with end of year
expenditures for 2007-08.
As of today, approximately $600,000 in 2008-2009 OTAG funds remain
uncommitted.  To qualify for our federal LEAP and SLEAP allocations, we
must award this remaining $600,000 to eligible students before June 30
when the current award year ends. Our preference would be to expend
these funds in the current spring semester.  What we do depends, in
part, on the value of award claims remaining to be submitted for spring
based on current cutoffs.  Until we have this information, we are unable
to decide whether to move the EFC cutoff slightly above the current
1700, extend the FAFSA receipt date beyond the current cutoff of June
20, 2008, or both.
While institutions have until April 10 to submit their final spring 2009
OTAG award claims, we ask that you submit any additional claims (based
on current cutoffs) that you are aware of without delay.   Particularly,
if your institution has a significant number of additional students to
claim for spring 2008, we need to hear from you right away.
Please contact us if we can be of assistance.  If your institution needs
a current pre-populated Award Claim Form, please send e-mail to
reports at otag.org.
 <<OTAG Compare 0708_0809_032509.xls>>
Shiela Joyner
Director, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice:  405.225.9378 or Toll Free 877.662.6231