[Oasfaa] Loan Limit question

Jonna Raney Jonna.Raney at okbu.edu
Wed May 6 10:10:38 CDT 2009

I have a student who had been Independent by an override for 2 years.  However, her relationship improved with her parents so I did not approve the override for this year and will not again for next year.  The problem is that she has reached her aggregate limit for a dependent student because of the unsub loans she took when she was Independent.

My first thought is that we disregard the unsub portion that she was eligible for by being independent like we do for dependents who take the add'l unsub due to PLUS denials.

Agree?  Disagree?

Thanks in advance,
Jonna