[Oasfaa] Loan Eligibility - Grad PLUS

Gale Langston glangsto at snu.edu
Tue May 12 10:08:23 CDT 2009

Good Morning:

I am posting two questions.  Any help and references you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I have been researching these two items and have found some information but it seems contradictory.

1.  Are we REQUIRED to OFFER (not certify) a student Sub and/or Unsub Stafford Loan, up to our total budget, even though they may not need it to cover their COA?

2.  If we participate in the PLUS program, are we required to participate in the Grad PLUS program and, if so, are we required to offer the Grad PLUS to those students who may not have enough money to cover their COA?

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Gale

Gale M. Langston
Financial Assistance Counselor
Loan Coordinator