[Oasfaa] Fall 2009 OTAG Deadline

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Fri Nov 6 12:48:44 CST 2009

This is a final reminder that Friday, November 13 - one week from today
- is the final deadline for submitting fall 2009 OTAG award claims to
our office for payment.  This includes new awards, reinstated awards,
and supplemental requests for students needing additional funds to
complete the full disbursements they are eligible to receive in the fall
semester.

Attached for your information is a spreadsheet that compares each
institution's final 2008-09 OTAG awards statistics with 2009-10 to date.
For now, we have assumed that the award amounts paid in fall 2009 will
be the same amounts paid in spring 2010.

We need cooperation from all institutions in wrapping up fall OTAG
awarding and disbursement activities as quickly as possible to best
position us for making awarding decisions for spring 2010.  As of today
the OTAG program is almost $1.3 million overcommitted, which means there
will be significantly fewer dollars to award in the upcoming spring
semester than has been the case in recent years.  We do, however,
anticipate there will be some funds available for new awards, and we
will make an announcement regarding a new FAFSA receipt cutoff for
spring awards as soon as we are in a position to do so.

If your institution needs a pre-populated Award Claim Form or a Fall
2009 Reconciliation Report for a final check to ensure that you have
claimed awards for all of your eligible students, please send an e-mail
request to reports at otag.org.

Please contact our office if you have questions or we can be of
assistance.

Shiela Joyner
Director, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
PO Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet: sjoyner at otag.org <mailto:sjoyner at otag.org>
Voice: 405.225.9378 or Toll Free 877.662.6231