[Oasfaa] Fwd: SWASFAA Mid Level Workshop

Andrew Hammontree AHammontree at francistuttle.edu
Tue Nov 17 13:18:01 CST 2009

There is still time to sign up for SWASFAA’s 2009 Mid-level Workshop.

For those of you who may not know, the Mid-Level Workshop is a 24 hour
workshop that takes place just prior to the annual SWASFAA conference.
It focuses on topics that are relevant to financial aid officers who
have been in the industry for a few years and who can benefit from
in-depth sessions on both common topics, like in-depth tax return
analysis, and more unusual ones, such as learning to use Microsoft Excel
more effectively.  This year, we are especially pleased to have two
presenters from the Department of Education.  Kevin Campbell will be
presenting on Year Round Pell and Barbara Davis will present a session
designed to answer your questions about transitioning from FFELP to
Direct Lending.
This workshop is a wonderful opportunity to interact with knowledgeable
individuals in a small, discussion oriented setting.  We encourage our
presenters not to simply lecture to our participants but to invite
dialogue and questions.
The workshop will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Albuquerque,
NM.  It will begin at noon on Tuesday, December 8 and conclude at noon
on Wednesday, December 9.  The cost for the workshop is $100 and
includes lunch on Tuesday, breakfast on Wednesday, and all session
materials.  Participants are also invited to the SWASFAA President’s
Reception on Tuesday evening.   The annual SWASFAA conference begins
Wednesday afternoon, shortly after the Mid-Level Workshop concludes.

If you are looking for a way to improve your knowledge base about
Financial Aid in general or about a specific topic at a very economical
cost I hope you’ll consider attending the 2009 Mid-Level Workshop.

A full agenda and registration information is available at
www.swasfaa.org ( http://www.swasfaa.org/ ).  If you have questions
about the workshop please feel free to contact Taina Savoit, SWASFAA
President at tsavoit at mcneese.eduor Scott DeBoard, Chair of the SWASFAA
Continuing Education Committee at sdeboard at uco.edu.