[Oasfaa] Possible OTAG filing deadline

Magee, Irala imagee at osrhe.edu
Fri Apr 16 14:15:24 CDT 2010

For those of you that were unable to attend the Regent's Update this
morning at the OASFAA conference, I would like to give a short summary
of the OTAG information.

1.  HEOA added a new requirement to notify students that OTAG is a part
of LEAP (Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership) and is funded by
the federal government and the state.

2.  The OTAG eligibility criteria and the application for undocumented
students can be found at
http://www.okhighered.org/student-center/financial-aid/otag.shtml .

3.  The 2010-2011 FAFSA filing cut off date may be April 1, 2010.  This
is much earlier than in the past.  In general an increased volume of
eligible applicants as well as the possibility of reduced funding has
prompted this conservative projection.  As soon as possible we will let
you know for sure; however at this time you should assume that students
that filed their FAFSA after April 1st may not be eligible for OTAG this
year.  For those of you who have already begun packaging, I apologize
for the timing of this notice.  Much of the information on which this
decision was based became available to us this week.

Irala K. Magee

Director of Scholarship and Grant Administration

PO Box 108850

Oklahoma City, OK  73101-8850

imagee at osrhe.edu

405.225.9378