[Oasfaa] Citizenship Status

Bledsoe, Mary Lou mary.bledsoe at okstate.edu
Mon Aug 30 10:20:38 CDT 2010

We have a prospective student who was born in Romania and adopted by a couple in Texas at the age of 10.  We have a birth certificate stating the student was born in Romania (adoptive mom born in the states, adoptive dad in Argentina).  Student states adoptive parents adopted quite a few children and when they turned 18, made them move out.

What documentation do we need to prove citizenship since the birth certificate shows him as being born in Romania and there is not a match with SS?  I can't seem to locate anything specific to this.  If adoptive mom was born in the states, does that make the student a citizen by virtue of adoption?

We also have a copy of the SS card.

His ISIR came back flagged for citizenship.

Thanks,

Mary Lou Bledsoe

Mary Lou Bledsoe
Director, Student Financial Services